Friday, December 12, 2008

Icy!

In case you are wondering, I am fine. My area was spared the worst of the ice storm. I had power all last night and woke up this morning at 5 am - and had my tea and oatmeal and sent some urgent emails. Just after I sent the last email, the power went out. I'm not exactly sure when it came back on because I went out with a friend around noon. We needed to check on equipment at the U. But then, because the main roads were fine and had been cleared of most branches, we went on an adventure in search of places with power. I'm sad for the loss of my long planned day in the lab, but the day just seemed decadent since I really didn't work much. I won't be able to get back in the lab - probably - until next Thursday because of days at the beginning of the week that are at least half full of meeting. Yuck! I now hate meetings - it always seems like we are just going around in circles. Back to work now.

No comments: