Monday, January 5, 2009

Recently

I've been busy. There have been lots of things on my plate. I enjoyed a trip home. Since I've been back, I have done lots of projects. One of the first things I did was to water my plants and trim those that needed it. I have a violet that is just about ready to bloom and the fushia one is still in full bloom.
I also went to the local outdoor sports store and bought some heavy socks. From left to right, I got a pair of wicking socks, an awesome pair of Smart Wool socks and some grey fleece socks. My feet are no longer cold. I think I need to get another few pairs of the fleece ones. These are definitely a good thing!
Over this past weekend, I took one day off and enjoyed an afternoon at the art museum. I also enjoyed a great Thai meal. I worked on Sunday and that night when I got home at 9 pm, I decided it was time to paint my kitchen. If you'd seen the previous speckled blue paint job that was stained from one too many exploded sodas or other kitchen disasters, it's all gone! It's now white. I was using up a leftover can of white paint, but I ended up needing to get a second can. Too bad Home Depot isn't open at 11 pm on Sunday night. I finished the job tonight. Now I just need to reinstall the pot rack and hang up some new decorations. I'm very pleased with my adventure in painting. It was fun to have an outlet since work has been and will be crazy for the near future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're seeking some additional 'fun outlets,' we have a couple rooms that will need painted once we take down the lovely wallpaper. We'll make sure and include you on the work, I mean fun outlet, schedule. JFH