Monday, January 19, 2009

Snow For Sale!

I have snow for sale here. Get it cheap while it lasts. I have no where else to put it, so am happy to ship it to you.

I admit to being incredibly jealous of those of you who have temperatures over 50 degrees F. It's cold here and more snow. We are well above average snow fall this year, but somehow are not keeping pace with last year. Though it seems to me like we are ahead. I'm done for the year.

In our last cold snatch, we unfortunately lost power for 4 hrs in the middle of the night. I was surprised when I woke up to find it 46 degrees downstairs. Hmmm... something was wrong with this picture. Called some folks. The heater guy came and concluded that there was nothing he could do with the plastic piping in the heating system frozen! Frozen pipes. This is new to me. At least it wasn't a frozen sewer line - I hear that this happened. So turns out the remedy is just to heat up the house as much as possible. Glad I had two space heaters. They helped on the main floor and I used a hair dryer in the basement to heat the exact location that was the problem. I had things flowing within about 4 hrs of realizing the problem. My neighbors - we share a duplex - on the other hand needed 10 hrs to get one zone working and 3 days for the other!!! Yipes.

Sunny beaches are sounding really good right now!

No comments: