Thursday, March 5, 2009

Getting back out there...

So after a long hiatus (and recovery?), it seems that I have found 3 appropriate guys to date. I saw one for the first time tonight (guy one), tomorrow I will see a guy for the second time (yes, the guy I wrote about a bit ago, this is shocking because I am the one date wonder), and Saturday, I might be meeting another (third) guy for the first time. (I hope they will all end up with more appropriate nicknames in the future, but this will have to do for now.)

The first date exceeded my expectations (does this mean my expectations are too low?). Guy one is great - has been since I first started corresponding with him. He is not "in science," (though he has done some science-y things in the past) but is definitely smart enough to talk with me about science things. This makes me happy. He is pretty liberal - which also makes me smile. And he makes me laugh - which is very important.

That is all for now. Possibly more in the future or possibly not.

4 comments:

Kyle said...

sooooo...what happened with things one, two, and three? don't leave me just hanging here...

M said...

Thing one and two have possibilities but I don't want to jinx anything. Thing three has been rejected. Can you imagine meeting someone for the first time, saying as T3 did, that you need to run an errand, going to the bank only to find out that your ATM card is expired (or perhaps that you just have no money in your account??) and then basically asking for money to pay for the parking garage. And also commenting during that course of the next hour that you are doing most of the talking, but turns out you are not asking any questions. I think not. Piece of work, T3, was a piece of work. Thing four will come into the picture next week. Where are these guys coming from??

Kyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle said...

Ooops, I used your real name in my last comment, so I deleted it...let's try this again...
Wow, M! T3 is definitely a reject.
I think you'd enjoy this posting (just go to the second paragraph):
http://missceliespants.com/2009/02/24/sewing-kit-and-the-worst-date-proffer/