Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Floating away?

Yes, I know I have been away from my blog for an extended time. And, no, I have not floated away in the rains. While I was away, I have been house hunting, but I am done for the year. There is nothing on the market for me right now; npr has confirmed that banks (and likely individual owners) are holding onto properties while the market is bad. I did put in a very low ball offer that was not accepted. I will stay put for at least another year, and potentially until I get tenure. This is fine with me. I like where I live, despite the negatives. Also, I was traveling, mostly for work, but I did get to catch up with some friends, both here and there recently. I got to meet a very new baby! and a slightly older baby, and see a friends' new condo, and catch up with a friend and her husband - they're pregnant, and see friends I haven't seen in about a year. I also met a whole slew of new and exciting people, who I have not been doing a good job at keeping in touch with. There is also some awesome science percolating and some work writing going on. And I had an absolutely fabulous 4th of July adventure with about 1/2 a million other folks. Otherwise, I do not have terribly much more to say at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the house hunting, but I think you're probably right about people hoping it will get better if they just hold out a little longer. Judy is frustrated here, because though there are a lot of foreclosures, the good ones seem to be starting bidding wars

Love,
Mom