Saturday, August 15, 2009

Things that make you go hmm...

Okay, so I've been posting in bursts lately, often two posts at almost the same time. I wonder what this does to folks following on a reader? Anyway, I have a few short comments for today.
  1. I drove a Yaris last weekend. I got 42 MPG! This was mostly highway driving, but some of the highway driving was slow as molasses (<20 mph) due to construction and weather. I was pretty impressed with this. I had driven a Yaris when I was researching new cars, but I didn't like how close my head felt to the ceiling. I did have probably 4 inches (or possibly more) clearance, but I didn't like it. It was a four door and had a large trunk.
  2. I don't like the Verizon wireless program NE2 - getting a new phone at a discount every two years. I'm super tempted to get a smart phone, but really I don't need one and it's an added expense that I also don't need. I mean really, is a cell phone worn out after only two years of use?
  3. The bounty at the farmers market is awesome!
  4. My tomatoes are out of control. Yum! I may have a delicious recipe to share later this weekend. I'd like to have a photo and my camera is currently hiding out at work.
  5. Pilates this morning was awesome. Small class and good flow.
  6. I was very lazy this week and only ran once. Need to get back in the routine.

No comments: