Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sometimes I wish...

I was a food blogger. I made a delicious dinner tonight. Simple whitefish with lemon and herbs accompanied by orange-glazed brussels (is that "s" at the end really correct?) sprouts and carrots. There is also some Arborio rice cooked in broth which was left over from last night but made a nice addition to the plate. Here's a picture:
(Okay, so I'm not the best food photographer, but it was delicious.) This is my first attempt at cooking fish in parchment paper. I've always wanted to try that but never had. It turned out quite nicely. And I must say it's a little funny that I just had parchment paper lying around. I can't remember what I purchased it for, but there it was in the cabinet just waiting to be used.

Otherwise, I had a fun day. I slept a lot last night. I needed it. This morning, I worked on an assignment for my students. I am about half way finished. I need to do some of the calculations myself before deciding exactly what I will ask them to do. That can wait until tomorrow morning. This afternoon, I did my part to stimulate the economy. I shopped and shopped some more. I had some brilliant ideas for holiday gifts for friends and family. And so I got a significant amount of gift buying done. It was fun. I sometimes need some retail therapy, even if I'm not buying things for myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always like to have parchment paper for pizza baking. It makes for a better crust when used with a baking stone. It also makes for easy clean-up with cookies. Don't know if either of these might have been your reason for purchasing the paper. Of course, it could be that you bought it for preparing fish, and forgot about it :)

-the sisterly one

Anonymous said...

Parchment paper must run in the family though I think Katy is the suggester in this case. My oven is now clean and I plan to keep it that way, helped by parchment.

-the motherly one