Saturday, November 7, 2009

Blooms

I have been neglecting my blog recently. I have been busy at work and in my personal life. But many of the things that have been happening are not things I want to blog about or I feel like I can't blog about them (especially when it comes to interactions with students). Things are blooming around here. It's especially nice since there's a chill in the air on some days. Here are a few recent blooms:
I think my cacti must be Thanksgiving cacti. They bloomed at about the same time last year. I'm looking forward to the white blooms opening on the mixed cactus. See the coral and pink flowers above. You might also be able to spot a white bud or three that haven't yet opened. The larger cactus (entirely pink) is in full bloom. It's lovely.
These were a big surprise. There was a dozen but I didn't think to snap a photo until some of them were a little droopy. They are absolutely beautiful. And even a few weeks later now, 1 or 2 of them still look great! I have them in the cut out between my kitchen and dining room. I can gaze at them while I do the dishes.

1 comment:

Papa John said...

Raising the bar. Hmmm, I may need to speak with this person about not making it tough for the rest of us.