Sunday, October 11, 2009

Yelp!

I verbally yelped when I heard about Obama's Nobel Peace Prize win on Friday. It was surprising. But I think it speaks to the change that's possible with him in office and the hope he brings the people of this country and perhaps even more importantly, the world.

I also yelped earlier in the week about this:


I looked back at my blog and the date corresponds to almost when I posted buds on the Christmas cactus last year. Funny.

Also, I was delighted to see:
on the curtain in my living room today. Can you tell it's a little lady bug.

Otherwise, things are going well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. They call them Christmas cactuses because they bloom predictably. I will take a picture of my newest orchid plant if it ever decides to bloom again. I have a new shoot coming and the old one still has leaves. Glad all is well. Mom

Anonymous said...

Chas Facebook posted an New York Times op-ed by Bono which seemed very well written and thought-out.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/18/opinion/18bono.html?_r=1. Let me know if the link doesn't work and I'll copy and paste into an email.

Mom