Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Random

I've been busy. Here are some random musings...
  • Does tea expire?
  • Negotiating prices at Kohl's isn't as difficult as you might think.
  • Why has it gotten so much warmer since I purchased snow shoes on Saturday?
  • How can I get my students to do better at synthesizing information? One of my very best students has been in my office recently asking question about an assignment I commented on about a week ago. The assignment was more or less complete. But, these questions are leading me to believe that she doesn't understand what she did or why she did it.
  • Is it possible for me to run 100 miles in a month? Have I done this in the past? (I'm not quite sure as I can't access my 2005 running log right now.)
  • Is there any chance I could get more hours in the day?
  • Why was everyone I know at my favorite breakfast place on Sunday morning? (Well, maybe not everyone, but at one point I knew 6 people getting breakfast. I don't know that many people in this area.)
That is about all for now.

1 comment:

Papa John said...

1. Not really. There is a 'best before' date which is 2 years from day of manufacture for Celestial. It's a dry product, if not exposed to too much moisture will be fine long beyond it's 'expiration' date.
2. Because you purchased snowshoes. If you hadn't purchased them, it would have remained cold and snowy.
3. Lead by example. Make sure your information is well synthesized. Show the difference with information that isn't. Some will catch on. Some will be hopeless.
4. Possible, yes. A good idea...that's a different question.
5. Uh, only if you are able to approach the speed of light, but that may create other problems.
6. Because you're becoming a local. Congratulations.
JFH