Saturday, February 14, 2009

This past week

Busy, busy, busy. This is what I've done in the past week:
  • Ran >16 miles
  • Went to a defense
  • Took my students to see a very famous scientist give a seminar at a nearby school
  • Baked banana bread with chocolate chips and pecans
  • Had a marathon faculty meeting (Where I learned that there's a whole lot more politics in my department than I realized. I know this because one of my colleagues had told me he supported my preference several days before the meeting, but then when the other way during the meeting. AKA: my honeymoon is over.)
  • Met with a visiting speaker
  • Began learning a new instrument (another new piece of equipment will arrive next week)
  • Went to dinner at the house of a friend I met through AWIS
  • Participated in a study session for a super interesting project
  • Spoke with a visiting prospective student
  • Spent countless hours (>5) helping my slightly clueless students who are working on a large project (which is due next week)
  • Supervised 1/2 of a lab session for a sick TA.
  • Plus the usual stuff!
It was a pretty jam packed week. I am working today and will be working tomorrow. I hope to get out of here by 4:30 so I can run errands and get to the gym before it closes.

1 comment:

Papa John said...

Happy Valentine's Day.