Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sunshine and the Dell guy

Today, two happy things happened. The sun was shining when I drove to work too early this morning. The sun was shining most of the day and the sky was blue. This hasn’t happened much recently so it was particularly nice. Sunshine makes me happy.

Then, the repair guy from Dell (I highly recommend getting the at home warranty for 3 years, as I’m just shy of 2 years now) came to my office and replaced the LCD screen in 30 minutes! It is so awesome to be able to see what I am typing now.

Of course, with the good has to come some bad. I’ve been told that the grant I’ve been working on for the last few weeks (for long hours) will almost certainly not be funded based on the spin I’ve put on my work and on the fact that there is no money. This makes me not want to finish it because there are likely two more long days involved and I have zero motivation to make it happen. My chair disagrees and says a submission in the Dean’s eyes is better than no submission. Ugh! I’ll get some more advice and continue working, but might find that by the deadline, it’s just not worth it. I mean, why make the program officer mad, right?

No comments: