Friday, November 28, 2008

Today

I get frustrated when my students don't think and copy things of wikipedia. Ugh! No points for them!

Today, I got up and crossed the review of files of potential colleagues off of my list. Again! Ugh! These people can't read. This is the only thing I've crossed off my list for this weekend so far. I still need to:
finish grading (currently 1/2 done, will finish now with my glass of wine)
read paper to discuss with grad student
redo calculations of other grad student
check into equipment for third grad student and undergraduate
prepare lecture for Monday (including working the problems I'll present)
work on abandoned proposal to get abstract ready to send to another agency
and probably about 50 other things that I'm forgetting
But instead of crossing more things off the list today. I went for a 6 mile run at the gym (watching the food network and Today show). Then after the 1/2 grading I did, I went to see Australia with some friends. It took trying two theaters, but we made it. I really liked it. It was long, but was well paced and I really, really liked the Wizard of Oz references. I've always liked that movie and the references were well done - interwoven throughout. That is all for now. More on Thanksgiving adventures tomorrow.

No comments: