Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween!



Okay, I'm a bit late to the party, but I had a great Halloween. And I promised to share photos of a local house that was all decked out. I wasn't able to get the nighttime shots that I really wanted, but here are some from this morning. They have a bunch of lights on the fence constructed just for the occasion. In addition to noticing some excellent decorations, I was lucky enough to catch a local parade. Everyone loves a parade! And I'm a fan of Halloween parades - I think in part because I was introduced to the idea several years ago with the over the top parade in the village in NYC. That was the year of the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal, so many of the costumes consisted of a blue dress. The best costume - if I had to vote - would have been for this group of people (office workers?) who had made dinosaur costumes out of those cone cups you get at a water cooler. They were over the top. The parade on Friday night was just as creative. There were stilt walkers, excellent large puppet costumes and a few bands to boot. Plus it was fun to hang out with a few friends - even if the time/parade was short.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes...the parade in the Villiage. I think I'm still scarred by that one!!