Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mr. Plant 2

Some of you know my friend from grad school's story about Mr. Plant. For those of you who do not, she received a plant (of, then, unknown variety) during grad school. It sat on her desk for weeks and soon she (and the rest of us, too) realized it had the potential to grow very tall. She decided that once it reached the ceiling, she would be ready to defend. Sure enough, the summer that she finished up, the Mr. Plant reached the ceiling - as I recall within days of her defense. Since then, Mr. Plant has had some grand adventures. And it's been discovered that Mr. Plant blooms with beautiful pink blossoms. Mr. Plant is a begonia, but not one of the varieties on wikipedia. Instead, Mr. Plant is exactly like the plant I got from my grandma.
Does this mean that I will only get tenure, if Mr. Plant 2 reaches the ceiling? BTW, yes, Mr. Plant 2 is cheating, he has a stake! But currently Mr. Plant 2 is not very tall; he only reaches the top of my IKEA Poang chair. In fact, the shoot growing on the floor is longer than he is high.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The question is: is it cheating if the plant lives on a table?