Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Two household cleaning tips...

So I have two crazy household cleaning tips that I just recently figured out. In my current place, the walls were not all freshly painted before I moved in. There were several scuffs and annoying marks on some of the walls, including what looked like a soda had exploded on walls in the kitchen above the counters. Turns out, using a magic eraser on the walls worked wonders! All the marks are gone! Amazing!

My other tip has to do with the annoying mildew that gathers around the tub that you use as a shower, too. This mildew seems to shows up no matter how much you clean. Clorox is now selling a bleach pen. It is great for getting stains out of white shirts (which is why I originally purchased it). But turns out, if you put it on dry grout and wash it off about 12 hours later, everything is sparkling white! And seems to stay that way. I don't guarantee this yet (so if you own your house, think twice before you use this yet). The great part is that it doesn't stink like bleach and you can leave it on for quite a while. I'm not sure of the environmental impact of this product, but it's just bleach, I think.

No comments: