Sunday, October 12, 2008

Strangeness...

I went to breakfast at a local sugar shack with a friend this morning. When we pulled into our parking space and were just about to get out of the car, my friend started laughing. I said, so what am I missing? I turned my head to the right and in the pickup truck next to her car sat a goat. A goat!?! Seriously, a goat. A goat with horns and a long white beard. Wearing a very patriotic looking visor. None of this is a lie. I swear. So we go in and sit down. Once we were ready to order, I said to my friend, who do you think the goat belongs to? Perhaps someone who works here? Probably not, because that's a prime parking space. The big party of 6 next to us? They would have had to come in two cars. The couple who looked like they are in town for homecoming? Probably not. The couple who are strategically positioned so the man can look out the window with an almost perfect view of the goat. Turns out the last guess was right. The man came up to our table as he was leaving and said, see my goat there. Yes, of course we had. He said the goat was part of his family. He lives in the house and sleeps in the man's bed. He's either 12 or 16... I can't remember now. And that's how his whole life has been. Strange, but I suppose it's not much different than a dog. But it was certainly a moment that I wished I'd had my camera. Sorry no photos.

No comments: